Race For The Rescues is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Race For The Rescues Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Race For The Rescues website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What data is being collected
- Race For The Rescues collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Race For The Rescues also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
- There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Race For The Rescues. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Race For The Rescues for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Race For The Rescues Web site.
- Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Race For The Rescues public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Race For The Rescues does not read any of your private online communications.
- Race For The Rescues encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Race For The Rescues so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Race For The Rescues is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Race For The Rescues and Race For The Rescues family of Web sites.
Purpose of collecting personal data
- Race For The Rescues collects and uses your personal information to operate the Race For The Rescues Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Race For The Rescues also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Race For The Rescues and its affiliates. Race For The Rescues may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Race For The Rescues does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Race For The Rescues may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Race For The Rescues may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Race For The Rescues, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Race For The Rescues does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- Race For The Rescues keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Race For The Rescues, in order to determine what Race For The Rescues services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Race For The Rescues to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Race For The Rescues Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Race For The Rescues or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Race For The Rescues; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Race For The Rescues, or the public.
How to request deletion of personal data
- Should you wish for Race For The Rescues to delete your collected data, please email [email protected] or call (323) 899-5640.
- The Race For The Rescues Web site use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Race For The Rescues pages, or register with Race For The Rescues site or services, a cookie helps Race For The Rescues to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Race For The Rescues Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Race For The Rescues features that you customized.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Race For The Rescues services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
- Race For The Rescues secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Race For The Rescues secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable but participants may roll their entry fee to the following year if they send a written request prior to the race date. Written requests can be emailed to [email protected]. If you made an online donation you are entitled to a full refund up to 120 days after the credit card transaction was made. If a refund is needed, the donor may request a full or partial refund. Refunds will only be credited back to the account used to make the original purchase.
Changes to this Statement
- Race For The Rescues will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Race For The Rescues encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Race For The Rescues is protecting your information.
- Race For The Rescues welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Race For The Rescues has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Race For The Rescues at [email protected]. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.